Monday, June 1

Photography Assistant, American Society of Media Photographers New York Chapter

Grant Recipient: Class of 2011
Major: Studio Art
Organization: American Society of Media Photographers New York Chapter
Location: New York, NY

I really have enjoyed interning in New York City this summer.
Although some days are less exciting as others, every day I am learning something new about the world of photography. My tasks differ week to week according to the schedules of the photographers. Some days I am doing research, organizing, scanning photos, retouching photos and calling clients in the studio, while other days are spent scouting locations for photo shoots, returning props, picking up prints and also assisting on shoots. The photographers I'm working for all belong to the American Society of Media Photographers.

Although I'm not working directly for ASMP, I am working for the president of the New York chapter and members who live and work in New York, New York.